Thursday, May 5, 2011

"Your children are not your children they are lives longing for itself"--by Khahil Gibran

110505


Share a part of an article to everyone..
from David Eustace



''At 2:07am on the 9th of October 1992 my life changed forever. My daughter Rachael was born.

Now 16 years later I fully appreciate the words of the late Lebanese philosopher and poet Khahil Gibran who wisely wrote in his poem "Speak to us of Children". "Your children are not your children they are lives longing for itself".

Rachael is her own person. She has her faith and beliefs. She has an understanding of others and she has her passions and points of view (and don't I know it). She smiles when she wants and cries likewise. Her naivety and innocence inspires me and her humility assures me of perhaps something as parents we got right.

My wife and I have always encouraged her to have many dreams and to always go forward, take chances and not to fear making mistakes so long as she learns from them. To work hard and appreciate the many rewards this brings and to understand the values that if you are doing something then do it right. To respect other peoples cultures, religions, opinions and freedoms. Not blindly but honestly and as her heart allows. To stand side by side her friends and her commitments. In short, too value and enjoy life as much as possible. ''


by David Eustace

No comments:

Post a Comment